Hosted by Should Be Reading
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
Sometimes you just have to have a few hours off...
Late yesterday afternoon I stepped off the train from London, went home, went to the gym and was then planning to meet a friend for the evening. Just as I had finished getting ready, put my makeup on and neatened my hair, those plans were cancelled. So there I was, all dressed up and nowhere to go with the entire evening before me. I have, to my annoyance, recently become accustomed to going to bed very late. I'm a bed-by-nine kinda girl so not going until 12/1ish has been killing me (I'm having to take extreme measures to cover the bags, no, suitcases, under my eyes). My plans were cancelled at 7.30 which left me with at least four hours to fill. Initially I thought 'brill, time to blog, to read a bit and perhaps even do some work (surely not!)'. But do you know what I did? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Yep, you heard me, nothing. I lay across the end of my bed, feet resting on my radiator, stared out of my window and listened to music for over two hours. I'm not going to lie, it was bliss.
I've still been feeling a bit 'meh' about things recently and even though I think I'm safely out of the slump, it was amazing to lay there, chill out and completely close off my mind to everything except the music. I love reading and I love being busy but I think my brain is going to thank me for the rest and will hopefully be a bit more rejuvenated from now on. It's been an odd year with so many changes, stressful moments and exciting new things happening and I think I've finally had chance to take it all in. I ended my evening with an hour of reading and even looked at my overflowing shelves with eager anticipation instead of dread. Now that's progress.
Just to keep it a bit book related, I am currently reading Amity and Sorrow and I am loving it! It is nothing like I expected, in a good way, and I am quite blown away by the subject and the writing.
Happy Monday everyone!