1. Watching Movies - who doesn't love a good film night? I don't really watch television any more but I do treat myself to the occasional cinema trip or movie night. This weekend I was desperate to watch a Bond movie after going to the Bond in Motion exhibition at the Film Museum so I spent my Sunday night watching Casino Royal. Ah, Daniel...
2. Running/Walking/The Gym - I usually spend my weekends doing all of these. I love to walk and run around London and I recently rejoined a gym to strengthen my hips (which could easily be mistaken for the hips of a ninety year old). My usual haunt is the length of the South Bank, but that can have dangerous consequences given the book market under Waterloo bridge and the Foyles at the Festival Hall.
3. Visiting Museums and Art Galleries - I'm lucky enough to have a pliable boyfriend who loves cultural exploits as much as I do. We tend to do something most weekends which is good because there is so much London has to offer. The plus side is that most London museums are free. Can I get an 'AWESOME'?!
4. Mooching - I love a good mooch and a wander, it's something I do frequently. Sometimes just mooching around with no particular purpose can yield the most wonderful finds. I know I've come across a fair few bookshops from exploring in this manner.
5. Going to the Theatre - there are so many reasons why I moved to London, and the number of theatres is up there in the top 5. I've always adored the theatre and I go whenever I can (finances depending!). I see a lot of fringe shows but do occasionally treat myself to other things. A highlight recently was seeing Simon Callow in 'Being Shakespeare'. So many nerdgasms.
6. Writing/Trying to Forge a Career - pretty boring as things go but I do spent a lot of time writing for various things (Centenary News, for example) and filling out application forms. I've gots to try!
What do you do when you're not reading? Do you like to make the most of the place where you live?