|Exploring East London|
35. The Rector's Daughter by F.M Mayor
36. Elsie and Mairi Go to War by Diane Atkinson
37. The Heroes' Welcome by Louisa Young
38. Love and Treasure by Ayelet Waldman
39. The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
40. The Stranger by Albert Camus
41. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
42. Nights at the Circus by Angela Carter
Book of the month: The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
Enjoy the Classics Club month of WW1 literature Read Nights at the Circus for Angela Carter week Have a smashing month full of smashing things
I thoroughly participated in the Classics Club June theme and shared why I read war literature and my recommendations for slightly less intimidating Modernist works. It was really motivating to focus my reading for at least part of the month on one topic so I will be joining in on other months this year. I didn't quite get to Goodbye To All That but I did read a good selection of war poems, attended an event about the war poets (at the stunning new Foyles flagship) and read a non-fiction book about Elsie Knocker and Mairi Chisholm. Successful? I think so.
How was June for you? Do you have a book of the month?