It has been an absolute age since I joined in on the Classics Spin, run by the Classics Club. I've read some corkers thanks to the spin - Anna Karenina being a clear favourite - so I felt it was about time I participated again.
// Take twenty books from your Classics Club list and share them on your blog by Monday 7th.
// On Monday, the Classics Club guys will post a number from 1-20.
// The challenge is to read whichever book falls under that number in your list.
// Read that book by February 1st.
1. Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day by Winifred Watson
2. The Story of an African Farm by Olive Schreiner
3. The Crowded Street by Winfred Holtby
4. The Death of the Heart by Elizabeth Bowen
5. Testament of Friendship by Vera Brittain
6. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
7. The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury
8. Moon and Sixpence by M. Somerset Maugham
9. Animal Farm by George Orwell
10. The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
Five I'd Love
11. Parade's End (Book 1) by Ford Madox Ford
12. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
13. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
14. The Common Reader by Virginia Woolf
15. The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
Five I'd Rather Not
16. What Maisie Knew by Henry James
17. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
18. Beloved by Toni Morrison
19. Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle
20. The Beautiful and the Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald
It feels like it has been a while since I delved into a classic novel so here's hoping I get lucky with the number.
Are you participating in the spin this time?