Way back on the 1st July 2014 I made a list of 25 things I wanted to do before I hit 25 on 1st July 2015. I've slowly been trying to get through the list and I did promise you all an update at some point during the year. It's somewhere around the half-way mark now, so here's what I have achieved so far and what I have left to do in the next few months.
1. Read War and Peace - will be happening in February/March thanks to Hanna
2. Learn a new language - I need to get on Duolingo
3. Run a half marathon in 1hr 50 - this isn't going to happen, but I did run a 10k in 51:20
5. Go to the top of the Shard (without panicking)
8. Visit a new country - planned for June
9. Go to five new cities/towns in the UK - so far Hastings, Lowestoft, Southwold
10. Get a new tattoo - more or less planned (sorry, Mum)
11. Do a tough mudder/mud run
13. Walk over the Millennium Dome (again, without panicking)
17. Watch The Lion King on stage
18. Go on a bookish trip
19. Climb a mountain
20. Go on a solo trip
21. Make a new friend
22. Complete a creative writing project - in progress
24. Re-read all my childhood favourites
25. Finish reading the complete works of Wilkie Collins - in progress
I'm not actually sure whether I'm on track for this. I've completed some biggies (job, learn a new skill), but there are still a couple of huge ones left (there's lots of trips in there).
I've found that having these specific bucket-list style goals has really helped with how I've planned my time. Knowing that there are things I want to achieve means that I spend less time, and less money, doing the things that I'm only half interested in.
Have you ever set time-limited goals for things you really want to do?